Dear Dierk,

The Daphnae being referred to is called Tahpanhes by Jeremiah (Jer 43:8). It
was situated on the eastern border of Egypt and protected the eastern
approaches to Egypt.

In regards to your request for further bibliography on the Kittim with Greek
names found on ostraca at Tell Arad-

Baker notes-
"In the ostraca from the late 7th century BC found at Arad in the Judaean
desert, mention is made of Kittim with Greek names (Aharoni 1968:11). This
could point to the existence of Greek, if not Cypriot, soldiers in the
service of the Israelite king, Josiah." (p.93, Vol. 4, David W. Baker,
"Kittim."  David Noel Freedman, Editor. The Anchor Bible Dictionary. 6 Vols.
New York. Doubleday. 1992)

Bibliography (noted by Baker):
Aharoni, Y. 1968. Arad: Its Inscriptions and Temple. Biblical Archaeologist
31:2-32.

All the best,  Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld
Walldorf by Heidelberg