Dear List Members,

I am glad to see this.  I have been corresponding with Reinaldo off-list,
and consider him to be a new friend and colleague.  We have been
sharing quite a bit about our individual life's work, and I can tell you
that from the little bit I know about the man, I have a lot left to learn
from him.  He has listened to everything I have to say seriously
and with respect.

Barb Leger

Greg Doudna wrote:

> I see my post on aliases was mistaken. I wish to retract
> it and apologize to Marco Rotman and Reinaldo Martinez
> (and the third party named) for suggesting they were aliases.
>
> On Marco Rotman, I checked the web pages cited and
> other related ones and he is indeed for real, with publications
> and book reviews in Dutch on New Testament, early church
> history, and rabbinic writings. I then figured out that what had
> seemed strange at first--a proper name 'Marco en Leontine
> Rotman'--which was on the email header, is actually an email
> address for two individuals. I know 'et' in French and 'og' in
> Danish mean 'and', but I did not recognize 'en' as Dutch for
> 'and'. As Marco explained, he is not 'Leontine'. The email
> account is in the name of Marco Rotman and Leontine Rotman,
> but the posts themselves were signed only by Marco. To
> Marco my deep apologies. Please do not allow my mistake to
> deter you from future participation on this list. I will be
> back with a separate post to respond to your radiocarbon
> questions.
>
> To Reinaldo Martinez, I see from your post that I was wrong,
> and I am sure I would be as irritated as you if the roles had
> been reversed. My deep apologies. It was my fault, not
> any of yours.
>
> There is a lot of discussion here in the U.S. these days
> concerning 'racial profiling'. I was doing a little 'alias
> profiling', focusing on names which were unfamiliar
> (sort of analogous to how innocent people get
> caught up in racial profiling) and it is clear it was
> a mistake.
>
> Sincerely,
> Greg Doudna
> Clearwater, Florida USA

For private reply, e-mail to Barbara Leger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>