From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of George Brooks
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 8:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: orion-list Jeremiah's Eternal Priesthood, the Rechabim

Prof. Suter,

The view that the Rechabites were craftsmen in general is quite well
established.  But I'm not quite certain why you think these crafts
preclude any capacity in Levitical or Priestly service.
Priests made things in the service of Yahweh..... so why wouldn't a
priest be a metal worker too?  If priests make incense to be burned for
Yahweh, it would not be unheard of if Priests made the bells that they
rang for Yahweh as well, yes?

If Levites can carry wood, and guard a door.... then certainly Levites
can be craftsmen....and Priests can be craftsmen.

Eusebius does not refer to the Rechabite defending James as
a "metal worker".... he calls him a priest.  So why you keep wanting to
return to the metalworker theme is sort of beside the point, don't you
think?

For private reply, e-mail to "David Suter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>