>>Q. Should the *FilenameFilter classes do a case-insensitive filter by
>>default on case-insensitive file systems?

>I really think the filters should filter based on the regular expression
>and it should be up to the programmer to change the behavior based on the
>runtime environment and application neeeds.   This is in keeping with
>jakarta-oro as a toolkit.

I think I'll have to disagree on that one. Whilst I agree jakarta-oro is a
toolkit, I would expect a toolkit to apply in a manner applicable to the
runtime environment it is operating in (*). However, there is a relatively
easy work around, I'll have to go with that for now. Which reminds me, does
anyone have a good reference for a description of the format of glob
expressions? A quick guess of slapping "/i" on the end didn't work.

(*) Presumably it must be possible for a single OS to have both
case-sensitive and case-insensitive file systems at the same time - as
case-sensitive UNIX can mount case-insensitive Windows file systems (using,
e.g., SAMBA) - which makes the detection of case-sensitivity somewhat
harder.

Greg
--
This post represents the views of the author and does
not necessarily accurately represent the views of BT.