In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, St
ephane Bailliez writes:
>A test fails on Windows when doing a match around "endtest\r\n" with the
>pattern "endtest$". It works fine on Unix. Of course it works on windows if
>I change the string into a "endtest\n" or change the pattern into a
>"endtest\r$"

I believe someone brought this up before.  If you check the archives you'll
probably find a better explanation.  But what it comes down to is that in
Perl (I'm assuming you're using Perl5Matcher or Perl5Util), $ only matches
a zero-width 'null string' right before '\n'  That's how it's defined
regardless of the eol convention for a platform.

daniel