In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Marcin Augustyniak" writes:
>produces "test\.test").  When I changed the substitution pattern to =
>"\\\\$1" the result in the first case was "\." (correct) but in the app =

"\\\\$1" is the right pattern to use because "\\$1" corresponds to "\$1"
in Perl and "\\\\$1" corresponds to "\\$1"

>Does anyone know what migth be the reson of the above behaviour?

The reason you get a different result on the app server is because the
app server, buried somewhere in its jar files, has an older version of
jakarta-oro that is overriding your app's 2.0.8 jar.  Okay, so I shouldn't
state that as definitely being the reason, but I'm pretty sure that's
the case.  I recall that WebLogic 8 has version 2.0.7 buried inside of
it somewhere.  WebLogic 7 may use 2.0.1, but that's just a vague memory.
You can either track down the jar containing the older version of oro and
update it or do whatever you need to do to force the server to use the
jar you specify for your Web app.

daniel