Hi Yongsheng,

I have a question regarding your patch to allow vCard 2.1 parameters to have quoted values. IMHO the vCard 2.1 specs don't allow this:

param = “TYPE” [ws] “=“ [ws] ptypeval
     / “VALUE” [ws] “=“ [ws] pvalueval
     / “ENCODING” [ws] “=“ [ws] pencodingval
     / “CHARSET” [ws] “=“ [ws] charsetval
     / “LANGUAGE” [ws] “=“ [ws] langval
     / “X-”word [ws] “=“ [ws]word
     / knowntype

with

ptypeval = knowntype / “X-” word

and

word = < any printable 7bit us-ascii except []=:., >

Your example

 TEL;TYPE="X-EVOLUTION-COMPANY":12345

would be a typeval

The definition of "word" allows the doublequote to be part of the word, so interpreting it as a quote around the value is wrong.

I admit a case where a string beginning with a doublequote does not mean quoting the value is highly unlikely.

But I wanted to check with you what is the reason for this change - do you see that type of invalid quoting in an existing server?

Best Regards,

Lukas Zeller (l...@synthesis.ch)
-
Synthesis AG, SyncML Solutions  & Sustainable Software Concepts
i...@synthesis.ch, http://www.synthesis.ch