Hi Patrick,

On Aug 12, 2009, at 19:27 , Patrick Ohly wrote:

Anyway, ScheduleWorld can handle that now, so it is safe to not merge
the patch and remove it also in our git repo.

ok, simple solution :-)

Reason is that these variables have the semantic meaning of "no
anchor" = "empty string". Changing that could mess up code testing
these for emptyness e.g. to detect first-time-sync status (I haven't
checked if that is really used somewhere, but it would be OK to do so).

I think the logic is the other way around: if first sync, then clear the
anchor. At least that is what I patched in the code. "syncevolution"
still reports "first time sync" despite the patch, so I don't think it
broke anything. We should remove it nevertheless - after 0.9, which I
tagged and compiled today.

I didn't say you broke something :-) I just know that all code around anchors was written with the idea of "no anchor" = "empty string" (because I did write it), so to be sure I had to review the complete codebase (especially including the older, non-OS parts) to make sure it won't have an impact. Even if I think it most *probably* would not hurt.

Best Regards,

Lukas Zeller (l...@synthesis.ch)
-
Synthesis AG, SyncML Solutions  & Sustainable Software Concepts
i...@synthesis.ch, http://www.synthesis.ch