On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 14:05 +0000, Lukas Zeller wrote:
> Hello Patrick,
>
> On Mar 18, 2010, at 14:00 , Patrick Ohly wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 14:40 +0000, Lukas Zeller wrote:
> >> Most probably, there should be an extra check for that "too late"
> >> suspend.
> >
> > Your patch in the "luz" branch works, thanks a lot.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. After pushing I suddenly had the impression
> it could still be wrong for another case, I have to follow that
> thought first to make sure. So that's why I did not announce the patch
> out loud...

It has passed all of my tests, so I'll go ahead and use this in the next
SyncEvolution snapshot. If you have more thoughts on what I should test,
please let me know.

> > But it would be nice if this could be checked already before running
> > that next sync. Is there a possibility to retrieve the "datastore is
> > suspended" information from a binfile-based client? Is it possible in a
> > server?
>
> In both cases, it's the resumeAlertCode target field. If it is not
> zero, the datastore is resumable - i.e. a client will try to resume
> and a server will accept a resume.
> In binfile based setups, you can use
> the /profiles/xx/targets/<dbid>/resumeAlertCode settings key to access
> that value.

In "both cases" - there are no targets in a server, so how would that
work there? I suppose it is part of the admin data, but that is internal
and and peeking inside it would bypass the official API.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.