Hello Patrick,

On May 14, 2010, at 21:15 , Lukas Zeller wrote:

> On May 14, 2010, at 19:56 , Patrick Ohly wrote:
> [...]
>
>> My goal was to have something rudimentary next Monday, so if it is not
>> too much bother for you, then I'll punt the problem to you.
>
> So let's hack :-)
>
> I'll see that I have something for you to test this weekend (on a simpletype
> branch).

Done!

See new branch on our indefero named simpletype.

I raw tested this with a textdb client and got it copy all vCards from our IOT
server, and also update a entry on the server.

See commit comments for how it works: ae884ae564 (Engine 3.4.0.8: Added
rawdataitemtype (passes SyncML data 1:1 to DBAPI))

Easiest way to access the ITEMDATA field would be using the AsKey method, and
querying/setting it using GetValueByXXX() with VALTYPE_BUF (not VALTYPE_TEXT,
as this would apply LF and charset conversions).

Hope this helps to get something for Monday!

Best Regards,

Lukas