Folks,

Please accept my apologies if this is not the right place report the
sync problems I am having (and feel free to set me on the right track).

I am trying to sync a Nokia 6303 using the Syncevolution GUI, but when I
click the Select Sync Service button and scroll down to Direct Sync I
cannot see my device listed.

I have paired my phone using bluetooth, and when I open a terminal and
type:
$ sdptool browse 5C:57:C8:0D:FB:53    (being the correct MAC address), I
get:

Service Name: SyncML Client
Service RecHandle: 0x10009
Service Class ID List:
  UUID 128: 00000002-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000002
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 11
  "OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
  code_ISO639: 0x656e
  encoding:    0x6a
  base_offset: 0x100

On this basis I can only assume that it's paired correctly and that it
is advertising the SyncML service over bluetooth, so I could really do
with your expertise as to why I can't see it in Syncevolution.

Any help that anyone can provide would be gratefully accepted, and I
apologise if I have not included the information you need (which I am
happy to provide, of course).

Regards,

Digger.