On Fr, 2011-06-17 at 14:41 +0100, Lukas Zeller wrote:
> See the attached patch for a new script function COMPARISONMODE(), compiles
> but is UNTESTED.

I can confirm that it works. Thanks a lot. I'm going to add it as a
commit to the "master" branch on meego.gitorious.org.

> With this, your comparescript could probably look like:
>
>        if (COMPARISONMODE!="age" &&
>            TARGET.UID == REFERENCE.UID &&
>            TARGET.ORIGSTART == REFERENCE.ORIGSTART) {
>          RES = 0;
>        } else {
>            RES = COMPARE(TARGET.DMODIFIED, REFERENCE.DMODIFIED);
>        }

Are you sure that the else clause for UID or RECURRENCE-ID not matching
should be another content comparison? If the comparison mode is not
"age", then I want to rely exclusively on UID/RECURRENCE-ID for
equal/not equal, and thus I have the following logic:

    INTEGER RES;
    if (COMPARISONMODE() != "age" && SESSIONVAR("VCALENDAR_COMPARE_UID") ) {
        if (TARGET.UID == REFERENCE.UID &&
            TARGET.ORIGSTART == REFERENCE.ORIGSTART) {
            RES = 0;
        } else {
            RES = -999;
        }
    } else {
        RES = COMPAREFIELDS();
    }

The VCALENDAR_COMPARE_UID session variable will be false when I want the
default behavior. Does this look right?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.