On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 10:51 +1000, Mathew McBride wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing SyncEvolution against my Funambol connector (GroupDAV) at
> the moment. I've been testing some recurrence combinations and it seems
> recurrences of type 'N' weekday of the month (i.e second tuesday of the
> month) aren't supported?
[...]
> The original Evolution event has this:
> RRULE:BYDAY=TU;BYSETPOS=2;COUNT=2;FREQ=MONTHLY;WKST=SU
>
> The environment is Ubuntu 12.04 with the provided Evolution and
> SyncEvolution versions (1.2.2).
>
> Are these type of recurrences supported with Evolution?

In Evolution, yes, in libsynthesis, no. I can reproduce the problem and
noticed that the code (src/sysync/rrules.cpp, RRULE2toInternal()) bails
out because it doesn't recognize the "BYSETPOS" keyword.

Lukas, was that a conscious decision, perhaps because it cannot be
supported in combination with vCalendar 1.0, or just an oversight? What
would it take to support that?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.