Hi Rajesh,

On 12.03.2014, at 11:00, rajesh kumar pawar <pawar.rajesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working to customize the Syncevolution and am facing issues with
> combination of TYPE parameters.
>
> The problem I am facing is that the syncevolution is not producing
> FLAGS or the Bitmap values for the instances where there is a
> combination of TYPES like HOME,INTERNET etc.

The idea between the "bitmap" and "multimix" mapping modes are that each TYPE
is mapped to a bit.

>               <value field="EMAIL_FLAGS" combine="," conversion="multimix">
>                  <enum name="WORK,INTERNET" value="B0"/>
>                  <enum name="HOME,INTERNET" value="B1"/>
>                  <enum name="INTERNET" value="B2"/>
>                  <enum name="PREF" value="B3"/>
>               </value>

The first two <enum>s don't work because their name part already contains
combined names. Just convert these to:

>               <value field="EMAIL_FLAGS" combine="," conversion="multimix">
>                  <enum name="WORK" value="B0"/>
>                  <enum name="HOME" value="B1"/>
>                  <enum name="INTERNET" value="B2"/>
>                  <enum name="PREF" value="B3"/>
>               </value>

With this, you map WORK to bit 0, HOME to bit 1, INTERNET to bit 2 etc.

So when an incoming vCard has TYPE=WORK,INTERNET (or INTERNET,WORK), you'll get
EMAIL_FLAGS with bit 0 and bit 2 set (= 2^0 + 2^2 = 1 + 4 = 5 = 0b101)

Similarily, for TYPE=WORK,PREF (or PREF,WORK) you'll get bit 0 and bit 3 set
(=2^0 + 2^3 = 1 + 8 = 9 = 0b1001)

This way, you can easily parse and generate any combination of the basic TYPEs.

Best Regards,

Lukas