People seem to forget where these distributions came from, thank you
geoffroy. If I had more of a computer science background, I would be
willing to help.  I am a member of this list because I recognize it's
usefullness.  If people aren't willing/able to contribute, then how about
help us in ways to test?  help break the learning curve between users and
contributers.

I think it is foolish to say that a project is doomed to fail because of
the need for testing.  That's why we have a list, I hope.