Hi,

I tried the new procedure you created and wanted to give you update on issues I
found.

* Once I installed oscar with "yum install oscar" I found that there was no
oscar.conf file in /etc/oscar.  There was one in the templates folder so I
copied it back one directory
* When I tried to setup the distro with "oscar-config --setup-distro
centos-6-x86_64" I get the following....

This is brand new install.  I picked Desktop on my CentOS install and made sure
its patched to the latest with the iptables/selinux off.

[root@oscar oscar]# oscar-config --setup-distro centos-6-x86_64
Can't locate OSCAR/oda.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/OSCAR/Database_generic.pm line 86.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/OSCAR/Database_generic.pm line 86.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/OSCAR/Database.pm
line 73.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/OSCAR/Database.pm line 73.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/OSCAR/Package.pm
line 35.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/OSCAR/Package.pm line 35.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/OSCAR/Testing.pm
line 35.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/OSCAR/Testing.pm line 35.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/oscar-config line 26.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/oscar-config line 26.
[root@oscar oscar]#

Please let me know how to get past the 2nd error and I will continue testing for
you.

Andy
a...@comserv-usa.com