My abstract:

Java Enterprise Edition has been going through a mid-life crisis: it
tries to stay young (and hip) despite its age. Just like any one
having a mid-life crisis, they are easy to take advantage of. In this
paper we will look how these features can be used and exploited to our
own advantage. Provide it with a powerful motorbike, a lether jacket
and a pair of shades (asynchronous processing, JBPM and Quartz) and
you can't really tell its age nor the maturity it keeps on the back
pocket just in case you need it.