On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM, CL Chow <klrkdek...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone still do this these days? Does the market needs only drones?
> Or should we succumb to be drones just because we cannot fight the
> temptation of BREAD?
> Do we need more people who plays golf better than code in this field?
> Do we need to be guided and pampered so we can create our own Silicon
> Valley?
> Do we simply create a project just to get funding?
> Do we simply code because we need the money?
> Do we simply allow people to give us disgrace?
> How many of us are aware we are falling deeper into this eternal hole of no
> conscience?
> Can't we code simply we just like to code?
>
> Regards,
> CL Chow
> "Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
> OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/";
>

>  --
> Join Open Source Developers Club Malaysia http://www.osdc.my/
>
> Facebook Fan page

> http://www.facebook.com/OSDC.my

> Groups "OSDC.my Mailing List" group.
> osdcmy-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<osdcmy-list%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/osdcmy-list?hl=en

We need more technically inclined people in the field, but unfortunately
many company don't work this way.
For most, the only path of career after programming is management. That i
assume if they survive the burnout. Because the job require us to, work
late, deal with unreasonable deadline and requirement, learning opportunity
is not as many, and not as appreciated for knowledge and skills.

There is so much happening in IT, new tech, new skills, new tools. Yet the
above reason will kill off the passion, the mood to actually learn all the
new stuff. Or we simply will not have the time to actually learn that.

This lead me believe that, it is better for people like us to start our own
stuff. Yes it would require us to work a lot harder, more than a normal 9-6
day job, and we have learn stuff that we might not be passionate about, such
as business skills, basic accounting. But I think this is worth it in a way
that, we are working on stuff we passionate about, or learn and apply new
knowledge which we probably never ever going to learn about in a normal day
job anyway.

p.s Or maybe I should start a programmer burnout anonymous malaysia.