Good stuff, but am wondering if openbravo is an OSS project who is
contributing back to the community?

rafe

On Mar 6, 2011 9:06 PM, "fenris" <mohdfen...@gmail.com> wrote:

I do agree with what rafe say. why? talk without action is nothing ... i
would like to share with the mailinglist about a few implementation of
Openbravo in Malaysia (as i know, maybe other community/company can share
more):

   - MiZi Sports - http://www.mizisports.com

- they have running 1 OB on the cloud with 5 outlet running touch screen OB
POS with Ubuntu so far and they (MiZi) plan to roll out another 15 outlet by
the end of the year and another 20 outlet next year insya allah.

   - Trustwell Sdn Bhd

- they are using it for DO, PO, Invoices n etc2 ..

   - A few Oil n Gas company, Factories & Government under negotiation /
   proposal
   - we do also on planning/proposing to migrate current POS (our own php
   web base point of sales) to OB POS for our existing client JM Briani House (
   http://www.jmbariani.com/) which has 16 outlet in klang valley area
   - we do plan to integrate with our HRM system build for UDA Holding into
   the OpenBravo in the future

Alhamdulillah with support from the existing customer with their
satisfaction testimonial, plus support from few government agencies like
MAMPU and MDeC , we has been award "Partner of the year 2010" for Asia
Pacific - http://goo.gl/C9o1R

I hope u guys do not miss understand why i show u guys all this. REASON from
me is simple , at least we can show to the public/world that OPEN SOURCE can
do what is PROPRIETARY can do. So we doesn't need to condemn that n this is
good or not. Each Open Source Project has it own PRO & CONS ... so we as
community or business need to use/leverage and try our best to
fix/contribute back the project to get our own benefit out of its.

last but not least, for more info about our company with Openbravo can go
to http://goo.gl/ypJcN ; We are Technical & Functional Foundation Certified