Inspired by some of the statements made in a research study linked to in the
OSDCMY list (here <http://bit.ly/gl358Z>), I wrote a new article at my blog
entitled "End Your Addiction!".

The study (PDF): MULTIPLE PERSPECTIVES TECHNOLOGY APPROPRIATION: ANALYSIS OF
OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION FAILURE <http://bit.ly/fabMUb>

When reading about "compatibility problems" as mentioned in the study, I
started thinking about users of proprietary software, their expectations and
their needs.  I realized that there were a surprising number of similarities
between use of proprietary software and the use of addictive drugs.  I wrote
my article based on that metaphor and it didn't fall apart.

The article: End Your
Addiction!<http://www.ghodmode.com/blog/2011/04/end-your-addiction/>

As always, if you want to comment on the article, please comment at my blog
rather than in the mailing list... it makes me feel good :)

Thank you.

--
*Ghodmode*
http://www.ghodmode.com/blog