Eric

Do agree and I do remember your had suggest this during Inter distro
workshop at hackerspace. Keep on pushing bro...

CC to OSDC.my for promotion and support. :)

Join us at

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Slaya Chronicles - Geeko Acolyte
<msiantuxlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear fellow Mozilla tech aficionados,
>
> Furthering my suggestion to hold workshops for noobs to Mozilla Tech, I have
> a few things on my mind:
>
> I believe workshops will be better since many would prefer to get down and
> do something rather than just listening to some guy.
>
> The type of workshops I have in mind should cover the inner workings of the
> Mozilla platform and creating something simple like changing the type of RSS
> Feeds/Bookmarks, skinning and packaging this "new" version into a localised
> version for organisations or even universities. This is the sort of
> localisation I was referring to - based on the needs of the targeted users
> (a micro approach) rather than just solely on language translation (a macro
> approach).
> Knowing the micro approach can be beneficial; as it can be a means of
> revenue. Consider the appeal of having a customised web browser for a Govt
> agency, with all their relevant bookmarks, feeds and agency colours.
>
> Translation is a good start for beginners (like me!) to understand the
> fundamentals of Mozilla tech and its associative ecosystem i.e. how to work
> with the translation files, checking in and out of source trees etc.
>
> I believe that Mozilla tech is neutral across all platforms and will appeal
> to the tribal FOSS communities.
>
> I do not know anyone in the Mozilla community - so therefore I need
> assistance from people to make this happen. I will talk with others to get
> their assistance.
>
> Comments?
>
> Eric

Malaysia Open Source Software Conference 2011
MOSC2011 http://www.mosc.my/

Malaysia Open Source Conference 2012 (MOSC2012)
http://portal.mosc.my/

LinuxMalaysia Network
http://www.facebook.com/Bukan.Sekadar.Internet.Sahaja

Harisfazillah Jamel