Hello Jan:

Thank you for the insight on your experiences.

Yes the stats in osgviewer produces the same problem and causes core
dumps.   If the osg example apps are static text where theyare set at
load time and never change like in osgtext example then no crash, but
is really slow to render.

I think you are right that it's a ATI problem more than likely the
drivers for SUSE.  The MAC drivers work great.

Take care

Garrett