HI Adrian,

What you say performance problem, what do you mean?  Database paging
is slow, or does the app have a low framerate?

W.r.t change the thread priority, would it be appropriate to just
apply the use of default when under WIn32 and on a single core system?

In fact on a multi-core system one doesn't really need to change the
priority from anything other than default... so perhaps one could come
up with a matrix, or just set everything to default and be done with.

The whole prioritization outwith/during frame was an attempt to try
and keep constant framerates on single core systems.  Those who really
care about hitting constant framerates will be using a multi-core
system anyway so try to be clever for single core system is possibly
rather unnecessary - especially considering that you are having
problems with it trying to be cleverer that the underlying OS...

Robert.