Hello Robert,

> It would be interesting to here from others with multi-CPU, multi-GPU
> systems to see how they fair.

I tested these out, here are my findings. Please bear in mind that I'm
testing with cow.osg, so this is probably not representative of actual
performance, hence my request earlier for some good test models you
would have and could make public...

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ dual core
2GB DDR2-533 RAM
GeForce 7900GTX
Windows XP SP2
Compiled from SVN HEAD as of this afternoon
Compiled with Visual C++ Express 2005
VSync off

osgviewer --SingleThreaded cow.osg                            2490-2590 fps
osgviewer --DrawThreadPerContext cow.osg                      2420-2520 fps
osgviewer --CullDrawThreadPerContext cow.osg                  2430-2470 fps
osgviewer --CullThreadPerCameraDrawThreadPerContext cow.osg   2600-2660 fps

As you can see, pretty ridiculous values. I got the readings from
Fraps, because using the built-in stats lowered the FPS so I didn't
want that to affect the values. The good news is that all four modes
work on Windows.

I don't even know if any conclusions drawn from these results would be
valid... It would seem that CullDrawThreadPerContext is more "stable"
(less difference between min and max) than the previous two modes, and
CullThreadPerCameraDrawThreadPerContext is faster than all others.
Will that be the case with a more reasonable model? Who knows?

I hope this was not as futile as I think it was...

And as I said, if you have a model that would be a better test of
performance and which you can make public, I'd be glad to test with
that.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/