Eric Sokolowsky schrieb:
> Eric Wing and other OSX experts,
>
> I used Xcode to compile OSG for my OSG 1.2 application that uses
> osgProducer::Viewer. I just used the regular Producer.framework to
> create my application. Is this the best solution, or should I be using
> the Producer_X11.framework or Producer_AGL.framework? What are the
> differences? I'm not yet ready to move up to the latest OSG.

i am not sure what implementation  the "standard" framework use, I think
it's agl. I prefer the agl-framework, it works here very reliable.

The main difference between the x11 and the agl-framework is: for the
x11-framework you'll have to start the x11 windowmanager, the
agl-framework works out of the box.

There are perhaps some inconsistencies in handling keyboard-input, I did
not update my producer-version to the latest version, there was some new
code added, which broke keyboard input for international layouts and
umlauts, etc.

the agl-framework has some issues with switching from fullscreen to
windowed mode and vice versa. Some geometries may be not drawn. This is
because the agl implementation works with two contexts, one for the
windowed mode and one for the fullscreen mode. This is problematic with
client states and the lazy-state-mechanism of osg (a particular client
state is enabled for context one, after switching to context two, this
state is not enabled again) If you reset osg's state it'll work fine and
without problems.

I think the x11-implementation is the same as on linux, you'll need the
x11-window-server, though ...

cheers,
Stephan