Hi Christophe,

This is normal, and an example of texture aliasing due to the way that
poles are over sampled as the blue marble data with 42,000 pixels wide
collapsing on a single point.  VPB compensate a little for this issue,
but its not perfect as you can see.

I'm planning to try out a different approach to building the database
hierachy in the rev of VirtualPlanentBuilder as this should cope
better at the poles.

Robert.