Hi Mihai,

I'm currently very busy, so only skimming osg-users, and as a
consequence finding it difficult to dive into complex topics.

General comments:

  osgShadow is still in its infancy so comments/suggestions for improvements
  are very welcome.

  Support for perspective shadow maps is really needed, and the
  osgSim::OverlayNode provides some of the required code and a proof of
  concept on the OSG side.  Perspective shadow maps might diminish the need
  to manually specifying the center of shadow.

  W.r.t tracking of lights, it was my intention that the lights in the
subgraph would
  be tracked by allowing the cull traversal to go collect them, then as a post
  process in the ShadowTechnique use these settings.  This keeps things loose
  coupled and means that you don't need to add any extra mechanism to do
  this tracking.

  When posting files, making sure they aren't inlined, such as by
zipping them or
  adjusting your mail tool as its not practical to review inline source files.

Robert.