  From: Mike Wittman
  To: OpenSceneGraph Users
  Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:08 PM
  Subject: Re: [osg-users] Use of osgDotNet Wrappers

  Hi Jason and Christophe,

  Operator overloading is a known deficiency.  But it's unlikely to be resolved
in an automated fashion in the near future due to extensive changes necessary
in osgIntrospection.

  The solution for now is ad-hoc support on a per-type basis, added to the
generator.  If you know how to patch the generated files to support the
operators you're using, then it's only a small step to add that same
information to the generator configuration so that it is added to the generated
code automatically in the future.  Just modify GeneratorConfiguration.cpp, send
a patch, and I can integrate it into osgDotNet SVN.

  On the general question of osgDotNet use, I'm actually only using the
wrappers intermittently at this point due to some changes in project direction.
 But I still intend to support osgDotNet releases on top of stable OSG releases
in the future.

  Mike Wittman

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Seismic Micro-Technology, Inc.

  8584 Katy Freeway, Suite 400 / Houston, Texas 77024

  Tel.  +1 (713) 464-6188

  Fax. +1 (713) 464-6440

  Web:  www.seismicmicro.com