Hi Guys,
This question is not directly related to OSG, but I hope the OSG users
must have answer to this problem and the reason i am asking this on this
forum is that because the OSG has most number of OpenGL experts.;)

I am transfering data from one pbuffer to other pbuffer using
glCopyPixel and the transfer rate is two slow, 1MB/sec on my Nvidia
Quadro 4600 (512MB) graphics card.
Can some one tell me what can be the problem. The detail description of
what i am doing is given below.

The two pbuffers i have created using glXCreatePbuffer
with GLXFBConfig atributes as mentioned below

int attrib[] =
{
GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER, True,
GLX_RED_SIZE, 8,
GLX_GREEN_SIZE, 8,
GLX_BLUE_SIZE, 8,
GLX_ALPHA_SIZE, 8,
GLX_RENDER_TYPE, GLX_RGBA_BIT,
GLX_DRAWABLE_TYPE, GLX_PBUFFER_BIT,
None
}
The attributes of the pbuufer are

int pbufAttrib[] =
{
GLX_PBUFFER_WIDTH, 512,
GLX_PBUFFER_HEIGHT, 512,
GLX_LARGEST_PBUFFER, True,
GLX_PRESERVED_CONTENTS,True,
None
}

Now i created a context (contx0) and made the context current w.r.t
pbuffer0.

Now using glDrawPixel i draw an image in pbuffer0.

Now using glXMakeContextCurrent(display,pbuufer1(drawable),
pbuffer0(readable), contx0);
i set the context so that pixelBuffer1 is my drawable and pixelBuffer0
is my readable buffer.

Now i am copying tha data from pixelBuffer0 to PixelBufer1 using
glCopyPixel() and that is where i am getting the performace hit.
Since i am transfering data from GPU to GPU the transfer rate should be
very high (GB/sec)
but i am getting aroung 1MB/sec.

Thanks in advance
rj