Hi Melchior,

Licensing of the data is an awkward issue as copyrights aren't easy to
assign for model and image files in the same way as they are for ascii
source files.

I can't blanket assume a license for all the files as I getting
permission from all the authors will be next to impossible.  The non
commercial clause is there due to some of the files, most will
actually be OK to copy and use of commercial use but to be rather safe
than sorry the README is conservative.

How I'd very much support the community rally around and creating a
new data repository with everything under a much more permissive
license.  I'm not a modeler or content creator though.

Robert.