Thank you again

Take care

Garrett

On Oct 19, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Vican, Justin E. wrote:

Hi Garret, Hi David,

I ran into the same issue a few months ago. The solution I ended up with was frame grabbing during each cycle. Afterwards, I strung the frames back together into MOV/AVI/MPG movies with FFMPEG. It works, but it will probably drop your frame rate significantly. I was able to slow down the data stream feeding my OSG application to ensure that I grabbed enough frames to generate a decent quality video.

I believe that FFMPEG is open source, so a movie maker plugin could be built on top of it. Just a thought.

Justin

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:osg-users- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Callu
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 9:48 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Outputting Movies in OpenSceneGraph

Hi Garrett

  A xine/Quicktime plugin is provide to read movie in OSG scene
 Take a look to osgmovie examples.

 But don't know any plugin to make a movie from an OSG Scene

David

2007/10/19, Garrett Potts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello All:

I have been perusing the source and examples and I was wondering if
there was a way to output movies in an OSG Scene.  I know there are
pbuffers and you can probably latch on to pbuffer generation after
each framing and then couple to a movie generation library but I see
that the osgDB has a nice plugin architecture for reading and writing
and was wondering with the Movie based plugins if there was a way to
feed a plugin (if one exists for movie writing) to output frames at
given rate.  So basically init the plugin with some setup parameters
and then start writing.  Has anyone ever researched this through a
raw OSG implementation and not coupled to like a GUI or anything like
that?

Thank you all in advance for any help and time.

Take care

Garrett