Hi Bob,

All you need to do is call dirty on the osg::Image attached to the
Texture and the OSG will automatically do the subloading for you, you
don't need to do anything.  Performance is typically very good.  With
a non power of two texture take care to use a TextureRectangle of use
Non Power of Two Texture support in Texture2D - to do this you'll need
to disable the resize non power of two texture hint in osg::Texture.

Robert.