Hi,

I want to read in nodes from a .obj or .3ds file.

For doing this I use
osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> osgNode = osgDB::readNodeFile(snode.filename);

Now I want to get the objects from this file. This shall be a Square, a
Sphere and a Pyramid. I tried to do this by using:

osg::ref_ptr<osg::Group> myOsgGroup;
myOsgGroup = osgNode->asGroup(); // returns NULL if not a group.

for (unsigned int i = 0 ; i < myOsgGroup->getNumChildren(); i ++) {
      osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> myTempNode = myOsgGroup->getChild(i);
     cout << "nodename = " << myTempNode->getName() << endl;
}

But the result of this operation is that I get 12 Objects instead of the
3. 6 for the square, 5 for the pyramid and 1 for the sphere.
What have I to do to get just the 3 Objects so I can play around with them ?

Thanks
Robert