Stephane,

On Thursday 06 December 2007 09:13:08 Stephane DUGUET wrote:
> For instance, I'm working today with a plane and a copter.
>
> If I place these two models at origin one is pointing head to north and
> the second is pointing head to east.
>
> Meaning that the views, position and transformations for plane and
> copter have to be different. Is it possible to make it generic (at least
> linked to a terrain)?

I use a small XML configuration to tie a model to some additional parameters.
For instance, when I request a "tank" model, the XML configuration includes
the model file to load, along with a top-level rotation, translation, and
scale for that model.  When loading the model, I add the model node as a
child of a matrix transformation node if the configuration says that a
rotation, translation, or scale is required.

Having such a configuration file allows a client to add their own models
without needing special tools or an "expert" to preprocess the model.

Hope This Helps,
Justin