I agree, the most logical path (and I think we have discussed this quite a
few times before) is to merge osgCal (with its better rendering back-end),
with the higher functionality of ReplicantBody.

Starting from scratch with a completely osg-native CA engine is a rather
large task which I dont think is worth the effort right now. CA is focused
quite a lot around a working pipeline. Im not saying the Cal3D exporters are
in any case optimal, but they sure do the trick...

If the "new" osgCal, or whatever name it will have can make benefit of a
tight osg connection, together with the high-level functionality of rbody,
I  think this is a good start.

Then when its working, it can be re-factored to meet other functionality.

We will actually have some time in the beginning of next year to look over
ReplicantBody and perhaps the integration/merge of osgCal rendering...

/Anders