Hi Paul,

On Dec 10, 2007 10:34 PM, Paul Martz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Robert -- Do you know why osgDB::Output checks for the environment
> variable OSG_WRITE_OUT_DEFAULT_VALUES? The value doesn't appear to be used
> by any code. Should I simply document this as "reserved for future use"?

Oooo you are observant ;-)

The above option is used by the latest developments in
VirtualPlanetBuilder.  VPB contains a few serializer help classes that
I plan to roll back into core OSG, part of this support is ability to
only output values that differ from defaults, this leads to more
compact and readable value lists.