Hello Michele,

> Thank you Jean, Adrian was kind enough to send me already its code, I
> am reviewing it now :)

Good, I don't have access to my home machine so I would have sent it
to you in a few hours... :-)

> I was thinking, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to integrate YafRay
> into OSG, the license (LGPL) seems ok with it, unlike POV-Ray.

When I started my Masters, my first attempt was to try and make an
interface between OSG and Yafray. Unfortunately, the main developer
(Lynx) was not very open to requests to changes in the build system
and other things that would have made this kind of development easier.
He seemed to just want to do his thing, not really wanting external
programs to use Yafray code directly (but that may just be an
impression - take it with a grain of salt).

In the end, I just used OSG's IntersectionVisitor and eventually
Adrian's kd-tree. I didn't really need advanced effects, just
intersection testing, so that was enough. But if Lynx can be brought
on to help do a real integration of Yafray with OSG with the goal of
doing some realtime raytracing, that may be really interesting.

If the question is which Open Source raytracer would be the best to
try such an integration, Yafray is definitely my first choice. It's
really fast, and gives very good results.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/