Hello Renan,

>        Although it didn't seem so, I have looked through the doxygen
> documentation. The thing is that they aren't good enough for someone who
> hasn't any experience what so ever with this kind of programming. Some of
> the methods aren't fully explained, at least to my understanding, and even
> if they were, is kind of weird reading that whole documentation without
> knowing what you are looking for. This last part, I believe, is the function
> of a tutorial or something alike.

I understand it can be daunting at first. There are a few tutorials
that might be useful, for instance Paul Martz's OSG Quick Start Guide,
and the NPS tutorials which are on the Wiki now - see
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/Tutorials .
The latter even have a picking tutorial IIRC.

> For instance, I didn't know that an
> intersection was made directly with the Drawable, even though my instance
> connected to the viewer is a MatrixTransform...

A MatrixTransform does not have any geometry, so it cannot be
intersected itself... The MatrixTransform has a child Geode, which
contains a Drawable (ShapeDrawable in your case, but could be
Geometry) and this is what actually checks if it was intersected (on
the polygon level). Therefore, that is what is returned in the
intersections list.

Hope this helps,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/