Rob,

I’ve written some classes that implement RTT and post-filtering using OSG
and GLSL shaders.  Let me know if interested.  I thought about putting in
Wiki when I get time.

You can take the output of one RTT stage and apply it as an input to the
next stage … ganging them together … allowing as many filters as needed
(e.g. for creating a night vision scene … RTT of main scene -> color
amplification stage -> bright pass stage -> horizontal Gauss blurring ->
vertical Gauss blurring -> composition with original RTT of main stage ->
noise -> change of resolution).

The technique is from an idea of one of the users on Delta3D forum.

Cheers,

  Ben

   _____