Hello Emre,

>> Is there any way to render bspline, nurb or any kind of curve in osg ?
>
> There is no parametric support in the core OSG.
>
> You can extend the OSG to support it, and the osgteapot example is an
> example of this.  Or you can take a 3rd party tool for doing the
> tessellation and get the OSG to render the final result.

GLU and GLUT also includes support for NURB and Bezier curves and
surfaces (which are automatically tesselated by OpenGL), but there is
no interface to that in the OSG as of now. So another avenue, instead
of requiring an external library for the parametric curve and surface
support, could be to make an interface to the GLU and GLUT functions
(again using the osgTeapot example as a base).

A good interface to that would likely be an interesting addition to
the OSG. I was thinking of doing it sometime (for rendering cables and
flexible pipes), but will likely not get to it before at least Q2
2008. If you decide to pursue this avenue, I will gladly test any
progress you make.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/