I'm trying to reply to an issue raised by someone regarding Collada
support in OSG:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1899938&forum_id=531263

I made some changes to the Collada DOM that may require a few tweaks in
client applications such as OSG's Collada plugin. Dilian reported that
the changes broke the plugin. This raises the question of exactly what
version of the DOM you're supposed to build OSG's Collada plugin
against. Is it expected that the plugin will use the last official
release of the DOM (which is version 1.3 from March 2007), or does the
plugin require the latest development version of the DOM?

When I went looking through the OSG sources to figure things out, I
found something odd: the CMakeLists.txt file for the Collada plugin
seems to have the Windows build using DOM 1.3 (there's a reference to
collada_STLDatabase, which no longer exists in the latest version) and
the non-Windows build seems to use the latest development version of the
DOM (there's a reference to libpcre, which is only required by the
latest development version of the DOM). I'm confused about what I should
do to fix things in the Collada plugin.

Steve