HI Franclin,

I wrote the osgvolume under Linux, and then it was ported to other
OS's (actually just a recompile as its all non platform specific
code).   So the issue certainly isn't linux, rather its likely to be
done to your hardware a OpenGL driver limitation, such as lack of 3d
texture support.  FYI, I'm using modern Nvidia hardware and drivers.

Robert.