GDal is a third party plugin which is used by VPB but is not part of OSG,
you will need to down load GDAL and build it for your system

http://www.gdal.org/index.html

see http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/Dependencies
for other 3rd party dependcies you might need

Gordon Tomlinson

Email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
YIM/AIM : gordon3dBrit
MSN IM  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website : www.vis-sim.com www.gordontomlinson.com

"Self defence is not a function of learning tricks
but is a function of how quickly and intensely one
can arouse one's instinct for survival"
-Master Tambo Tetsura