So I have a big city database that I built in Creator with lots of
external models loaded under transform nodes.  I assumed that
Optimizer could flatten this out for me with
FLATTEN_STATIC_TRANSFORMS.  Unfortunately, I only end up flattening 35
out of 911 transforms.

Tracing through the code, I find that line 804 of Optimizer.cpp is
where things go bad for me:

if (_firstMatrix!=matrix) _moreThanOneMatrixRequired=true;

This line rejects most of my flattening because later on
_moreThanOneMatrixRequired seems to be used to decide whether or not
to flatten.  If I comment this line out, then all but the first
instance of each model disappears from my scene.

Understanding all the logic in Optimizer.cpp could take me a long
time.  Is there some fundamental reason why having more than one
matrix makes it impossible to flatten a model, or is this just
incomplete code that I could extend to give me a more thorough
flattening?  Any tips on how to try and extend it would be great
too....
--
Terry Welsh - mogumbo 'at' gmail.com
www.reallyslick.com  |  www.mogumbo.com