Good morning all-

We are using the depth partition node approach and we are noticing issues where
our scaled objects are being clipped by what looks like the near and far
clipping planes. At times, we will only see the ‘’middle slice” of an object,
perhaps the middle slice is as wide as the un-scaled size of the object. We
also see portions of our scaled objects only where they overlap with other
objects. We call setScale on the PositionAttitudeTransform to set the scale.

I notice in DistanceAccumulator::shouldContinueTraversal the following code:

// Compute near and far planes for this node

zNear = distance(bs._center, _viewMatrices.back());
zFar = zNear + bs._radius;
zNear -= bs._radius;

As I debug it, it appears to be using the un-scaled bounding sphere radius,
even after the setScale call.

So does the DistanceAccumulator compensate for scaling, and if so where? If
not, do you have any suggestions for working around this issue?

As I saw in another post, I have tried tweaking the following lines of the
DepthPartitionNode, but it did not help:

znear *= 0.999;
zfar *= 1.001;

Thank you,
Virginia