Hi Wojciech,
Robert and I discussed this issue in great detail over a year ago.
Here are some related email threads:
http://osgcvs.no-ip.com/osgarchiver/archives/August2006/0307.html
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/htdig.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org/2007-October/003697.html

Eventually, Robert made some changes to OSG (including the addition of
the View class) which eliminated this problem.  It fixed my own
shadows completely.  I wonder if your shadows are just finding some
corner case that is tricking Robert's fix into not working....
--
Terry Welsh - mogumbo 'at' gmail.com
www.reallyslick.com  |  www.mogumbo.com