Thank you very much, I will try it asap.
Guy.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of J.P.
Delport
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:32 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Z buffer resolution

Hi,

Guy wrote:
> Hello all.
>

> I have a problem with the distance between the near and far plane. The

> distance between objects in the scene might be ten thousands of km (at

> least 30000 km) and the objects sizes might be in several meters.
>
> I've noticed that when the distance between the near and far plane is
> about 15km and the object size is 2m the object disappears. Also
> sometimes it seems a clipping plane several meters in front of the
> camera emerges.
>

> Does anyone have the same problem?
>
> Any ideas how to overcome it?

You could try any of these (and maybe more that I don't know of):

* Disable small object culling, something like:
m_SceneView->setCullingMode(m_SceneView->getCullingMode() &
~osg::CullStack::SMALL_FEATURE_CULLING);

* Make the near and far planes calculate based on primitives and force
the ratio:
m_SceneView->setNearFarRatio(0); // default is 0.0005f;
m_SceneView->setComputeNearFarMode(osgUtil::CullVisitor::COMPUTE_NEAR_FA
R_USING_PRIMITIVES);

* Look at 'osgdepthpartition' example, there is a node in OSG specially
made for this type of situation with large depth range.

cheers
jp

--
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions,
e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF)

MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for
their support.