Yes, I think you are right, it's something in that vein. I can trick it into
returning the correct result by scaling the input (normalized) coordinates
to compensate for the change in the viewport aspect ratio. So that implies
that somewhere, old values are still lurking around.

Thanks again for your thoughts on this - I will revisit the issue when time
allows :)
Glenn

Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com : 703-652-4791