ah, ok I do remember that thread.  And you're saying this is the symptom
associated that setting?

If so, then the situation is a driver incorrectly reporting invalid
value on a valid but unused value.  I guess it's not too offensive to
compensate by tweaking the unused value to avoid the complaint.

Gordon, if that is the issue, could you try changing the ctor
initialization value of _geometryVerticesOut from 0 to 1
(src/osg/Program.cpp @ line 99).  See how that works, and send to
osg-submissions as appropriate.

cheers
-- mew