Hi Serge,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Serge Lages <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for these changes, it was really needed. I added the method
> setMaximumNumOfRemovedChildPagedLODs for this purpose some time ago,
> allowing to unload a lot more quickly PagedLODs.

Have you had a chance to test the new version?

> For the DatabasePager::requestNodeFile() problem, my current workaround is
> to limite the number of files in queue (with a custom PagedLOD which check
> the number of files in queue before calling it). It works but I hope you'll
> provide a better solution. :)

I haven't profiled the issue too closely yet but my guess is that the
O(n) look up in the pending database requests lists is what is slowing
things down.  If this is the case then providing a more efficient
search based on prior sorted lists would be
the way forward.  One could take the opposite tack and attach the
DatabaseRequestObject to the PagedLOD as something like UserData.

Multi-threading inside DatabasePager is also one of these items that
is begging to be addressed.  I may not have a chance before 2.4 to
roll such changes in.